There is a buzz around DevOps and the effective integration of development and operations. DevOps combines philosophies, industry best practices, and tools to augment and strengthen an organization’s ability to deliver applications and services at high velocity at a faster pace compared to different organizations using conventional methods, software development, and infrastructure management processes.
This veracity and speed enable organizations to serve their customers and compete more effectively in the market. If you’re relatively new to DevOps practices or looking to refine your current processes, it can be a daunting task to know which tool is best to help deliver DevOps solutions and services company winning solutions or help you meet company goals.
Let’s take a look at the best DevOps tools, from automated build tools to application performance monitoring platforms.
Plutora is a Value Stream Management solution, helping enterprises improve digital transformation journey scaling Agile and DevOps. Plutora effectively bridges the gaps that exist between teams improving collaboration, speed and efficiency while incorporating compliance.
- Visualize, map, and guide your value streams. Use information from key frameworks for measurements, for example, process duration, lead time, and procedure time.
- Plan, track, and arrange the execution of production cut-over exercises.
- Coordinate activities and changes over the portfolio sorting out conditions for releases.
- Plan, organize, and coordinate discharges and related IT assets.
- Interconnect your key frameworks, change information through a wide assortment of techniques.
- Schedule, facilitate, and arrange pre-production situations for use in any pipeline.
- Ensure adherence through review of specific stages and gates for each procedure.
Jenkins a DevOps instrument for observing the execution of repetitive tasks. It coordinates venture changes all the more effectively by rapidly discovering issues.
- As an extensible mechanization server, Jenkins can be utilized as a simple CI server or transformed into the ceaseless conveyance center for any undertaking.
- With several modules in the Update Center, Jenkins incorporates with basically every tool in the persistent joining and constant conveyance toolchain.
- Jenkins can be set up very easily and configured via its web interface, which includes on-the-fly error checks and built-in help.
- Jenkins can be extended via its plugin architecture, providing virtually limitless possibilities for what Jenkins can do.
HashiCorp Vagrant provides easy workflow irrespective of your role as a developer, operator, or designer. It leverages a declarative configuration file that correctly summarizes all your software requirements, packages, operating system configuration, users, and more.
- Seamless performance on Mac, Linux, Windows, and more. Remote development environments compel users to adopt Vagrant and give up their favorite programs.
- Vagrant works on the local systems with the tools you’re already familiar with.
- Vagrant lets easy coding in a favorite text editor, edit images in manipulation program, and debug using favorite tools, all from your local laptop.
Snort is one of the world’s most powerful Open Source intrusion prevention systems capable of providing real-time traffic analysis and packet logging. This tool also highlights malicious attempts or attacks against the system, as well as real-time traffic analysis and packet logging.
- Performs protocol analysis and content searching
- Signature-based detection of attacks by analyzing packets
- Real-time traffic analysis and packet logging
- Detects buffer overflows, stealth port scans, and OS fingerprinting attempts
Splunk is an innovative tool aimed to make machine data much more accessible, usable, and equally valuable to everyone. It delivers operational intelligence to DevOps teams. It helps companies to be more productive, competitive, and secure.
- Data drive analytics with actionable insights
- Next-generation monitoring and analytics solution
- Delivers a single, cohesive view of different IT services
- Extend the Splunk platform for security with several purpose-built solutions
Nagios is another useful tool for DevOps. It assists DevOps teams to identify and correct problems with network & infrastructure.
- Nagios XI helps to seamlessly monitor components like applications, services, OS, and network protocols.
- complete monitoring of desktop and server operating systems, as well as monitoring of Java Management Extensions.
- Monitoring mission-critical infrastructure components on an operating system
Industry-leading Log management tool.
- Network Analyzer helps identify challenges, eliminate bottlenecks, and optimize bandwidth utilization.
OverOps classifies billions of events in real-time to detect regressions, slowdowns, and new issues, as well as hidden uncaught and swallowed errors, in every release, application, or microservices.
- Unlike log files, OverOps’ real-time machine learning analyzes your code as it’s executing in test and production to automatically identify anomalies and deliver True Root Cause to the right person.
- Reliability score across your SDLC for each and every application, component, and deployment.
- Automated Root Cause (ARC AI): Get a complete picture of the code during the time of the anomaly.
- Reproduce and solve issues in pre-prod and production in a matter of a few seconds.
Docker is a DevOps technology suite, allowing the DevOps team to build, ship, and run distributed applications. These tools let users gather apps from components and work collaboratively. Several large enterprises and companies rely on container platforms to build, manage, and secure their applications from conventional applications to leading microservices.
- CaaS Ready platform running with built-in orchestration
- Private registry to store, manage images, and configure image caches for effective flexible image management.
- Eliminate conflicts to enhance security by isolating apps in containers.
- Docker Enterprise handles both legacy and new applications, enabling companies to modernize application environments.
- Enhance user satisfaction and service levels by accelerating your mean time to resolution for issues
- Deliver new services with development and operational agility empowered by containerization
We hope these tools deployed in DevOps methodology across industries. Whether you are a Logistics IT Solutions company or a healthcare company, DevOps provides industry-best practices. The best DevOps tools depend on testing and experimentation, as well as time to set up and configure open-source tools. Several DevOps tools come with a free trial period that allows you to test and evaluate at no cost. It is important to prioritize your business goals and requirements.