Are you looking to launch a mobile application for your business? Well, you are certainly not alone. With the rapid proliferation of smart devices, the world of mobile apps is growing at phenomenal pace. If you are ready with an app idea and looking for a mobile app developer to infuse life in your idea, it is important to hire mobile app developers with the right skill set and technical expertise.
So when you envision a million-dollar idea for a great app that will bring you glory or tons of cash, it is important to examine that idea thoroughly. Hence, the next logical step would be probably type iOS developers for hire.
Here are some statistics about that will impact the mobile app industry
- By 2021, there will be roughly 7 billion mobile users worldwide. (Source)
- By 2022 annual mobile app downloads are projected to reach 258 billion. That’s a 45 percent increase from 178 billion downloads in 2017. (Source)
- By 2022 app store consumer spending is projected to increase by 92 percent to $157 billion worldwide. (Source)
- In 2019, the average US adult spent three hours and 43 minutes a day on a mobile device. (Source)
- Mobile app users in the United States have over 100 apps installed on their smartphones. (Source)
Steps to follow Before you Hire a Mobile App Developer to Build Your App
As you begin your quest to find an app developer, it is important to follow a checklist before you hire a mobile app developer. For general communities to follow if you need an app developer are Koding or Polycom. It is also a good idea to check official groups of Google, Facebook, Apple, Windows developers. But do not let this engulf you, instead try to hire an app developer as suitable and promising for your project as possible.
Here’s what you could also do.
As you start looking to hire a mobile app developer, you’ll see the places for finding them as well. There’s no dearth of mobile app developers for hire around the globe. Whatever skillset, technical expertise or price range, there is a developer for each and every project. However, there are several flipsides to selecting a mobile app developer.
So before you start your quest, here are chief reasons you should stick to:
- Understand the fundamentals: It is important to be aware of types of programming languages to build a mobile app. You can finalize the platforms upon studying the preferences of your target audience and your targeted platform(s) to build an app. Check the rates and how much it would cost you to hire an app developer (even approximately). Also find the possible types of users of your app.
- Check Experience: If you are looking to hire a mobile app developer, it is critical to check the portfolio of mobile apps. The developer should be not just a top-expert, but also should be able to provide the portfolio of prior work. Don’t hesitate to ask for samples of his/her code. The same applies to your business – hire a developer who knows the technical side, as well as business logic.
- Build relationship and communication: Don’t just hire developers based on technical skills. Seek developer who aligns with your business needs and goals. You’ll have to be in sync with the developer to build a relationship with each other to get your app going. Language or cultural barriers, for instance can get in your way as obstacles.
Robust communication is one the most important aspects of the development process. Understand different time zones and communication tools such as email, Skype, and phone.
- Specific hours of communication with the developer
- Flexibility to communicate or call anytime
- Project methodology
- Ability to supervise the work progress or manage team remotely
- Know Developer Terms: Don’t make fees and payment terms the only criterion of hiring your developer. Secondly, don’t go with the cheapest option. Unrealistically low prices mean cutting corners when it comes to quality. You don’t want to manage an app infested with bugs or technical glitches. It is vital to decipher any hidden fees, overtimes, additional costs before you kick start the project. No one needs surprises in costs.
iOS Developer for Hire
When it comes to the number of available apps in the biggest app stores, Google Play and the Apple App Store lead the ranking with 3.8 million and 2 million available apps respectively. According to mobile app developers and publishers, nearly most of the majority of apps are free to download.
Considering the rapidly increasing user base of iPhone apps, the demand for iPhone app developers is high in demand and can be a costly affair compared to industry average. In such a scenario, hiring iOS/iPad developers is what you should do only if your app is mostly or fully made for the Apple market. Look for candidates in specialized communities:
- Monitor online activity
- Review blog posts and Twitter to share code contributions on Github.
- Ask what libraries and components would use to build your app.
Android Developer for Hire
The same principle applies with Android app developers for hire. However, there is a fundamental difference when it comes to specifics about Android app developers. First, Android applications are based on Java. So it is important to find skills in this programming language. Gone are the days when Java alone was enough. Good base of Android open source ecosystem and libraries is equally important.
- Background in Java Native interface
- Ability to handle all the different Android versions and APIs
- Knowledge of publishing an app to Google Play and app promotion
Mobile is the future and it is going to stay. It is about the time for your business to be part of it? This reality has created a strong talentpool of mobile app designers to help you develop a custom mobile app irrespective of domains and industries.