PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor (or simply PHP) is a server scripting language, and a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages. PHP is a widely-used, free, and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft’s ASP. Originally built for web development, PHP is a general-purpose programming language. Data shows that PHP empowers a staggering 79% of all the websites whose server-side programming language we know. PHP Development Company can help you leverage all features to build a high-performance web application.
PHP Application Development for the Enterprise
A programming language is an effective tool to develop robust software applications and work towards building an end-to-end solution. It is important to hire PHP developer who can quickly get in sync with the system architecture.
Ever since PHP 5.0 made it debut in 2004, enterprises began to leverage PHP application development. Especially after PHP 5.6 was released in 2014, this assumption is fast changing with huge platforms like Facebook, Vimeo and WordPress now relying on PHP. In fact, developing PHP for use in the enterprise is on the rise.
Why is this? It responds to the following business needs as it provides the architecture that supports robust solutions:
- Development speed
Advantages of PHP App Development
PHP is open source and cross-platform. As a result, PHP allows operation across different operating systems. It works efficiently across LINUX, UNIX and Windows operating systems, as well as interfaces effortlessly with Apache/MySQL.
PHP provides a voluminous support in terms of tutorials and guides on the net and a dynamic developer community providing constant support through forums, chats and more. This strong ecosystem of community makes support for PHP applications and maintenance flawless.
PHP’s role is not just limited to website application development. It has grown phenomenally in the mobile domain. Also, the language is used to build highly feature-oriented, robust and complex apps across different sections.
With multiple extensions, PHP offers the much needed option of scalability for organizations to meet the burgeoning requirements of growing user base.
Top PHP App Development Tools
As a cross-platform PHP tool supporting Operating System of Windows, Linux and Mac, Eclipse comes as the prominent names in the mind of any PHP developer when discussing the most useful PHP tools and IDE.
- Content assist
- Code formatter
- Code navigation
- Code templates
- PHP debugging
- Syntax validation
- Power of entire Eclipse ecosystem
- Composer support
NetBeans IDE allows developers to build Java mobile, web applications, and desktop applications. NetBeans is an open source and free tool with a large community of developers worldwide.
- Support latest Java technologies
- Fast & smart code editing
- Easy & efficient project management
- Rapid user interface development
- Write bug free code
- Support for multiple languages
- Cross platform support
- Rich set of community provided plugins
PHPStorm takes care of all types of inspections while the developer is typing the code. With PHPDoc support, code (re)arranger and formatter, quick-fixes, and other features, developers can write neat and robust codes.
- Inline function/method refactoring
- Refactor your code to functional style
- Configurable unchecked exceptions
- Creating class from test
- Codeception: code coverage
- Assertions support
- Simplified first start
- Reformat with Prettier
- Create new Vue project
- Partial commits in Git
NuSphere is a world-class IDE and state of the art PHP Editor with the power to speed up the developer’s work by 50%.
- Kiosk or full-screen mode for PHP applications
- Protect PHP code with NuCoder – NuSphere
- Pop-up of PhpDock window
- Binding of PhpDock web server
- Accelerate PHP applications with PhpExpress
Zend Studio is a popular PHP tool and IDE that allows developers to code faster, debug easily as well as take advantage of the massive performance gains using PHP 7.
- Boost performance by 3 times with proven enhancements in indexing, validation and searching of PHP code
- Debugging capabilities with Xdebug, Zend Debugger and Z-Ray integration
- Support for development tools such as Docker and Git Flow
- IDE contains several plugin capabilities for the large Eclipse ecosystem
- PHP applications on server along with cloud support for Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
Aptana Studio 3 is among the most robust and powerful open-source web development IDEs. It is high-performance and includes a range of new features to help you become more productive.
- Manage your projects effortlessly
- Protocols such as SFTP, FTPS and Capistrano
- Set breakpoints, inspect variables, control execution
- Collaboration and interaction with team members through merge, pull and push actions to remote repositories
Sublime Text is cross-platform source code editor with a Python application programming interface (API). As a proprietary platform, it provides crucial support to many programming languages and markup languages.
- Available for different operating systems such as Mac, Windows and Linux
- Advance level text editor to manage code, markup and prose
- Unmatched syntax highlighting engine, as well as responsiveness due to custom components
Atom.io is a text editor allowing developers to collaborate and work together right from knowledge sharing to building software for macOS, Linux, and Microsoft Windows.
- Faster coding with a smart and flexible autocomplete
- Compare and edit code across files
- Atom works across operating systems
- Examine and install different packages or create your own
- Browse and open a file, as well as entire or multiple projects from one single window
Essential element of enterprise applications is interoperability which allows quick and efficient exchange of information with other platforms. PHP is interoperable and provides a wide variety of interfaces for web services & more. It’s a language to overcome the challenges of web applications without adding a layer of complexity.