Magento is one of the leading open-source eCommerce platform written in PHP and one of the most popular eCommerce platforms. Created with the Zend Framework, Magento source code is distributed under an Open Source Initiative (OSI) approved by the Open Software License (OSL).
Magento development services are fast becoming one of the popular choices for building eCommerce websites. But while the installation is simple, actually managing a store can be tough. As your store continues to grow, you’re likely to complicated requirements to run your ecommerce store efficiently, and there’ll be a need to automate as much of the process as possible. It is one of the most popular open e-commerce systems in the network.
This list includes both free Magento and premium tools that must be purchased. Be it a small business or enterprise-level eCommerce store for a large client; these third-party tools can dramatically help to improve management, as well as provide developers the agility needed to keep the store running efficiently.
Here is the list of Magento tools with top quality standards which are easy to set up and run.
Debugging and Development Tools
- Commerce Bug:
Commerce Bug 3 is the eagerly awaited upgrade to Pulse Storm’s Magento debugging extension. Commerce Bug 3 brings six years of Magento development and debugging experience to the Magento 2 platform.
- New dependency-injection/object-manager features and GUI based logging for ajax and API requests.
- Legacy support for Magento 1.x and will be supported through Magento 1’s end-of-life period.
- Magento Debug:
- Toggle Magento modules on and off.
- Display RAM usage as well as identify the areas of bottlenecks.
- Quickly clear the cache and toggle template hints on and off.
- EcomDev PHPUnit:
This Magento extension lets you integrate the PHPUnit framework for rapid tests of modules, models, blocks, helpers, controller actions, and layout rendering processes.
- Resolve the problem and promote test-driven development practices in the Magento developers community.
- Change core files or brake Magento installment database as all-system objects are replaced during the run-time with the test ones and a database connection is used for tests.
- Easy Template Path Hints:
- Turn on template path hints in both frontend and backend.
- It is activated by inserting a query string to any URL.
Magento Migration and Version Checking Tools
- Version Check for Magento:
- A tool which allows checking the version of Magento empowering a web page.
- Version Check for Magento determines if Magento powers web pages, what version is running, and indicates if the version in use is outdated.
- The extension does not detect the version on websites running Magento Enterprise Edition.
- Up to Date? :
- Track the software versions running on various websites.
- Chrome extension provides robust support to the Community Edition plus other software.
- Allows keeping track of the version status of the web applications powering the websites you manage.
- Cloud Backup:
- Get back up of data stored and archive it remotely in the cloud.
- Cloud Backup allows excluding database tables, files, and directories.
- Schedule a Cron job to fire the backup automatically.
- Compatible with Amazon S3, Google Drive, Dropbox, and Box.net.
- Moving Tool 2.0:
- Quickly migrate an existing Magento store.
- The extension generates an Installer package to perform a near-instant move from server to server.
- CMS and Configuration Migrator :
- An easy and efficient way to migrate data from the development environment to live.
- Extension compiles a list of changes and lets you select which ones to push to your live site.
Magento 2 Extension for User Experience
- AJAX Cart Pro for Magento 2:
Streamline add-to-cart function and remove interruptions from the shopping process
- Select product options without visiting the product page.
- Short description, rating and reviews available right from the pop-up.
- Mobile friendly add-to-cart design depending on a screen type.
- Works on product types including bundle, grouped, and configurable products.
- Cart to Quote for Magento 2:
Negotiate quotations with the customers you trust for the best win-to-win deals. Essential B2B solution!
- Multiple products per quote.
- Adding products to an unlocked quote from various pages.
- Alternating cession of control over the quote.
- Quote expiration reminder.
- RFQ restriction for selected customer groups.
- Various quotation statuses.
- Bambora APAC Payment for Magento 2:
Get safe and fast payments, several methods enabled, with enhanced Bambora checkout, (Asia-Pacific region only).
- Improved security issues and usability.
- Compliance fully with PCI Security Standards, as well as compatible with the latest Magento 2 versions.
Use the previously saved credit card information.
- Advanced Subscription Products for Magento 2.
No billing data is stored on Magento servers, only on Bambora.
Magento Catalog Management Tools
- Bulk Image Uploader:
- Quickly assign to the right products in your Magento store, import images in bulk, providing the images with the SKU in the file name.
- The plugin can be uploaded from your computer or a Dropbox folder.
- Age Verification:
- Confirms customer date of birth before adding certain products to their cart.
- Administrators can customize and validate the age threshold and use age restrictions to individual products or entire categories. Age data is saved for future reference.
- Image Optimizer:
- Compress images on-demand or via Cron for quick loading of site.
- Compatible with gif, jpg, and png files.
- Mass Image Uploader:
- Easily drag and drop images effortlessly into the product grid or remove multiple images instantly.
- Extension lets to filter the grid and apply updates in bulk.
- Social Media Product Update
- Automatically make push product announcements to your social media channels.
- Send social media updates regarding new products, or inform people about promotions.
Use Buffer to send updates to Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, and other compatible social networks.
Magento Order and Shipping Management Tools
- Maximum Order Amount :
- Extension to avoid customers placing extremely large orders on credit when they purchase via COD or invoice payment.
- The credit limit can be set globally or for customers individually.
- Order Tags:
- Tag your orders and filter according to assigned labels.
- Tags can be calculated manually or automated based on specific rules.
- Backorder Status:
- This tool is extensible, increasing the default backorder behavior in Magento.
- Indicates back-ordered items and allocates stock when a delivery comes in.
- Multishipping :
- Improve Magento’s native multi shipping feature with additional capabilities.
- Split an order with one click and place all shipments on hold until a pre-selected date.
- Smart Grid Actions :
- Augment the default grid view with additional actions to quickly marking items as paid, managing prices, and tagging orders as shipped.
- Package List PDF :
- Package list PDF can dispatch the warehouse to collect the items needed for an order.
- It is based on the order and not the shipment. The document can be printed before the shipment is made.
- The content of the package list is configurable through the backend and allows you to add a PDF as a background image.
- Multi-Warehouse Management:
- Calculate the correct shipping cost of products stored in multiple locations.
- Automatically split the order according to the area of various products.
- Introduces warehouse management.
- Allows assigning products to warehouses and mention a default warehouse to unassigned products.
- Based on item location, automatically calculates shipping.
- Splits products into several shipments.
We hope you found this list of top Magento development tools helpful. Do let us know if you would like us to update this list with your favorite tool.
Want to build eCommerce site with Magento development? Get in touch with our team.