Wearable technology contains the potential to offer a multitude of opportunities that triggers the thoughts and imaginations of people of all fields. Considering this age of technology, the dependence on computers and other interfaces required them to be omnipresent. let’s check best wearable app for iPhone and Android in 2020.
This requirement helped create a path for the development of wearable technology that can assist specialized professionals in personal activities by aiding and augmenting everyday life with the tech savvy world. Though this technology existed from a very long time, the obstacles imposed by various factors like battery life, processor power, display brightness, network coverage and form factor have led to the delay in the widespread introduction and commercialization of wearable computers.
With successful implementations, trials and errors, and the continuous relentless effort to miniaturize computers promise the emergence of viable applications, wearable technology has reached billions of people across the globe.
Before we look ahead on the list of apps involving wearable technology, here is how you can classify it into various segments:
Detailed classification of wearable devices
Most promising and prominent wearable app for iPhone and Android.
Citymapper, a supremely useful app, acts as a refreshing guide in its own league for Android Wear users. The application brings live information to your wrist-watch while you are having a stroll through a new town or wish to get the status on your public transport at home.
The application is built in a way where it updates you about real-time bus, taxi, train and ferry data and offers you the best route possible. It also has turn-by-turn navigation that gives an estimate on walking or cycling times along with Uber status to make sure you reach the destination in the quickest time possible.
This is one of the top rated apps on both iOS and Android platforms for a sound sleep and relaxed meditation. Calm app has a refreshing feel. The app with its meditation lessons facilitates Android and Apple smartwatch users with a daily meditation routine.
Keep forgetting where you parked? Asking yourself where is my car? Where did I park? Find my car?
With ParKing, the KING of parking, it will never happen again! This simple car locator app is exactly the solution you need to locate your vehicle!
- One Click Parking – Save a new parking reminder on a map with just one click.
- Parking History – History of your previous parking places.
- Automatic Parking – Automatic parking detection using your car’s Bluetooth device.
- User Defined Zones – User defined zones with no automatic parking notifications (e.g. home, office).
- Parking Time Reminder / Parking Timer – Parking time reminder to avoid fines.
- Navigation – Multiple navigation options to your car.
- Indoor / Underground Parking – Add a photo or a text note to your parking for indoor/underground parking places. No GPS is required!
When it comes to wearable apps, Less is more.And the stripped-back version of 1Password’s iPhone app is one such example. This app covers login keys for two-factor authentication. It is simple but handy
It helps you create strong, unique passwords and memorizable pass-phrases for all your online accounts.
- The app will automatically fill usernames, passwords, credit card numbers and addresses into websites, as well as the supported apps
- You can access your information on all your mobile devices and computers.
The 7 Minute Workout app is the #1 fitness app in 127 countries. You can become your own personal trainer to lose weight and get fit with fast, simple daily workouts. There are 12 high intensity bodyweight exercises. 30 seconds per exercise, 10 seconds rest between exercises. This app was featured by Apple in the best “Apps for Health”. Lifehacker chose 7 Minute Workout in “The Best Apps That Integrate With iOS 8’s HealthKit”.
- Free workout plan gives you a full-body challenge for improved fitness and weight loss.
- Voice prompted, so you can complete the entire workout without looking at a timer or device.
- See video and text descriptions of each exercise.
- Time your workout with prompting for each new exercise and breaks.
- No confusion on what exercise to do next, or how to do it.
- HealthKit integration
This is a standalone, podcast app for WearOS where you can stream or download your favorite podcasts right from your WearOS watch. This app works on WearOS watches only and not others such as Samsung, Amazfit or Fitbit devices.
- Auto and manual downloading of episodes
- Custom playlists and auto-playlists for episodes downloaded and in progress
- Import an OPML and searchable podcast directory
- Periodic background syncing and notification of new episodes
- Remembers position for each podcast
- Responds to external audio controls
Bring! is the number one shopping list. You can plan your grocery shopping with delicious recipes and save all your loyalty cards in your Bring! Shopping List App. Use multiple lists at the same time and share them with your family, flat-mates, friends and colleagues. It also lets you browse several hundred items and easily add all necessary products to your Bring! Shopping List. Changes are sent to all participants in real time. Like this everybody knows what’s missing in the fridge and pantries at any time.
Bring! is available for your iPhone, iPad and your Apple Watch and is compatible with Apple’s voice assistant Siri. Like this you can update your list anywhere, anytime.
More than 600 apps work with IFTTT including Twitter, Telegram, Google Drive, Twitch, Weather Underground, Instagram, Gmail, and devices like Google Home, Amazon Alexa, Nest, Philips Hue, and your iPhone. The IFTTT app also integrates with the Health app, so you can easily track and maintain your habits.
- Control everything around you with your voice and Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- Stay informed about what’s happening from publications like The New York Times and ProPublica
- Always stay prepared for the weather with custom daily forecast notifications
- Message roommates when you’re near the local grocery
- Get an alert as soon as there’s a new Craigslist listing that matches you search
- Stay safe with automated and intelligent home security alerts
- Streamline your social media
- Back up and share your iOS photos automatically
- Back up important files, photos, and contacts to cloud-storage solutions, such as Dropbox or Google Drive
This one is a must have award-winning pill reminder and medication tracker ranked #1 by pharmacists, physicians and patients. Join the millions of people using Medisafe who are taking control of their medication management with our free app – stay on track and never miss another med.
- Drug-to-drug interaction checker
- Family and caregiver support via “Medfriend” functionality
- Medicine tracker
- Refill reminders
- Dr appointment manager and calendar
- Support for complex dose schedules
- Add “as needed” medications, vitamins and supplements
- Full selection of OTC and RX medications
Hole19 is one of the most-used golf GPS range finders in the UK, with more than 10 million rounds registered. The app claims to be as accurate as a real caddie.
Having the Apple Watch companion provides just the essential features and information you need while you’re on the green fields.
- GPS Rangefinder – Accurately measure shot distances to the front, back, and center of the green and all key hazards and targets on over 43,000 golf courses in 201 countries.
- Digital Scorecard – Track your score during every round and save every golfshot you take in one place. Stableford and Stroke Play scoring systems currently available.
- Apple Watch Compatibility – Check GPS distances of every golf course right on your wrist.
- Discover Courses – Use our course ratings and reviews to find the best golf courses to play.
- Share With Friends – Hole19’s a social golf app; share your progress and your love of the game with our active community of golf enthusiasts and on your other social media channels.
The application analyzes the data a fitness tracker received. RocketBody uses EKG monitoring to track the metabolic rate and analyze it over time. These data determine the best time for you to train. All this information is combined with previous EKG readings into a trend curve that shows the dynamics of metabolic change over time. RocketBody’s algorithms then define the dependence of your metabolism on the input data.
- Monitoring your current health condition (before, after and during your workout).
- Drawing up an individual training plan
Wearable technology has changed the lives of people in ways previously unimagined. Anyone with an idea to develop an app for wearables like smartwatches can get in touch with a wearable app development company and get their own app developed. Wearable apps are providing solutions to issues we didn’t think exist.