Are you looking for an expert Node.JS developer?
Designed to be lightweight, Node.js provide functionalities as a web server to boost web application development speed. Partner with a NodeJS development company to leverage npm, its package manager, the largest ecosystem of open-source libraries.
What is a Node framework?
A Node.js framework provides a set of tools, guidelines, and recommended practices to save development time. It also can help standardize the code standards across a team of developers.
In this blog post, we provide a roundup of top Node.js framework that helps developers to save time and eliminate the need of reinventing the wheel.
A fast, unopinionated, minimalist web framework for Node.js, Express.js is specially designed to build single-page web applications and APIs. Described as a Sinatra-inspired server by the original TJ Holowaychuk, ExpressJS is relatively minimal with many features available as plugins. Express is the backend component of the MEAN stack.
Often dubbed as a de facto standard server framework for Node.js, it is fast and helps in directing servers and routers. Express comes across as the most feasible option for businesses wanting to build a product quickly and without legacy code.
- Support for plugins and extensions
- Several popular Node.js frameworks are built on Express
- HTTP utility methods and middleware to create a robust API quickly
- Set of features for web and mobile applications
Designed by the Express.js team, Koa is a web framework that aspires to become a smaller, yet expressive way to build a strong foundation for web applications and APIs. Async functions significantly improve error-handling. It makes it easy to manage various types of content such as personalizing content, managing several formats for images, and much more.
- In-depth app customization
- Availability of ES6 Generator to avoid callbacks
- Lightweight structure to ramp up the app performance
- A modular approach to developing complex web applications
Trusted by more than 500k developers and industry giants, Meteor is a mature open-source web framework to build and scale efficiently. Written using Node.js, Meteor provides rapid prototyping and cross-platform code (using Android, iOS, Web). Meteor allows developing features instead of configuring disparate components.
- Automatically propagate data changes
- Code support for different devices
- Less requirement of coding web and mobile applications
- Easy to integrate with Angular, React, Vue, and more
- Lightweight architecture
- Provides event-based and real-time communication
- Send data to clients as real-time counters, charts, or logs
- Works on any platform, browser, or device
- Allow users to concurrently edit a document and see each other’s changes
Nest.js is a progressive Node.js framework to create secure and scalable server-side applications. It is the platform to build enterprise-grade applications. With its architecture inspired by Angular, Nest provides application architecture to create highly testable and easily maintainable applications.
- Supports TypeScript and OOP elements (Object-Oriented Programming), FP (Functional Programming), and FRP (Functional Reactive Programming)
- Modular architecture giving the flexibility to use any other libraries
- Adaptable ecosystem providing fundamental support for all kinds of server-side applications
- External libraries due to systematic code arrangement
While there are several Node.js frameworks out there, it is important to select a framework based on your requirements and the type of application you are planning to build. But, before proceeding to the next step, it is better to understand that the choice of the best Node.Js framework is depending upon the kind of web app you are planning to develop.