Google Plus App for Android
With the 3.6 version of Google Plus for Android, Google brings in the first major update available in the Google App store. Many interesting changes have come with this update besides a few usability tweaks such as enhanced community management, small changes to your news-feed, and changes to the way media and links are handled.
This update is the most welcome change for the Android users because of the most interesting features. A lot of changes have been done and together with the device it offers a better experience to the users. Moreover, Google has brought the improvements in posts, photos, communities and profiles' segments. Let's have a look at each of them.
Posts : More to Do in Less Time
In the Android update, a lot of new content features have been added. For example, feed pictures have better display, tapping on the link attachments you are directly taken to a website and many such other changes.
Some of others are:
- View more content of the post
- Swipe through the photo albums in line
- With image previews rarely cropped, you can see portrait photos in their original
- Major actions such as +1, comment and re-share are displayed more prominently in each post
Photos: Filter and Edit within the App
The new update brings much of the photo enhancement, such as while sharing the photo, you can also
- Adjust some saturation, contrast, brightness and lots more by sliding your fingers up and down, then left and right.
- Carry on some basic edits like rotate and crop, select filters like Drama and Retrolux
- Just do a single tap at any time to compare your creation with the original
Communities: Good Control While On a Go
A lot of new ways have been introduced to manage your communities both as member and as moderator. Some of them are:
- The option to adjust the volume of community posts in your Home Stream
- Content moderation, Member search and report-remove-ban support for community managers
- Ability to invite people to your community or share items with a community
Profiles: Share Your Current Location Status
The updated Google Plus profile helps you to share your current location with your friends, and it also depends with which circle you want to share this information.
- On enabling this option, you can decide who can view your location across Google circles
- Like usual, you can make your own preferences, by either being public or private as you like
- With your permission, a person can see your current location underneath your name
Download this app with the latest version from Google Play or if you already have then update it to the latest version and do share with us what do you think about it.