Listen to This Article
If there is one company that shot to fame during the COVID-19 pandemic, it has to be Zoom Video Communications. Well, this rise in the demand for the Zoom app signifies the increase of video conferencing applications.
Due to the pandemic followed by a lockdown in major countries, a lot of companies have been forced to adapt their operations by making their employees work from home, cutting down on the chances of them getting sick on the job.
The rise in demand for video conferencing and online meetings has skyrocketed during the time of the Covid-19 crisis. Entrepreneurs and businesses are seeing this as an opportunity and are keen on developing a video conferencing app.
So the main question for many is: how much does it cost to build a video conferencing app like Zoom?
To answer that question, let us first understand what a video conferencing app is in detail.
Features of Video Conferencing App
Video conferencing apps contain all the features a company needs to hold online meetings, regardless of its size and strength. Participating individuals can join in from a computer or a mobile device wherever they are in the world as long as they have an internet connection. One can turn on their cameras so others can see them or keep them off if they do not want anyone else to see them or are concerned about privacy.
Alongside, every individual can also turn off their microphone as well to make sure there are no background noises when someone speaks.
- Screen sharing: If the need arises, participants can share their screens with others, which comes in handy for various presentations and educational workshops.
- Virtual hand-raising: When someone wants to speak or has a concern, they can signal it to the host by raising their hand virtually through an emoji. This prevents multiple people from speaking at once and improves communication.
- Chat: Each Zoom Meeting contains an integrated chat feature that allows participants to communicate effectively with each other during a meeting.
- Polls: As a host one can create a poll and share it with participants in the meeting to gather their responses and opinions about a topic.
- Record meeting: Every Zoom meeting one holds can be recorded with the press of a button. One can save a recording locally on a device or upload it to the cloud.
- Mute participants: The host of a meeting gets the ability to mute the mic of any participant they desire.
|User Features||Admin Features|
|Enter Meeting ID||Advanced Analytics & Dashboard|
|Host Video Meeting||Manage Features|
|Join Meeting||Multi-Payment Integration|
|Schedule Meeting||Allow Subdomain Creation|
|Real-Time Messaging||Create Sub-Admins|
|HD Video Quality|
|Restricted AccessHost Notifications|
|Turn On/Off Microphones|
What does it take to create a video conferencing app?
There are a few important steps we cannot ignore when we create a video conferencing app.
- Back-end development:– At the very beginning, the vital part is to create the server portion t for the proper functioning of the video conferencing app. While some apps can use ready-made BaaS solutions, a video conferencing app requires more complex technologies and it is better to create its own server from scratch.
- UI/UX design:- Next comes the design part. The UX should be intuitive in the first turn. Future users shouldn’t spend a lot of time understanding how they can perform one or another feature. From the perspective of the UI, it should have a catchy design to make people feel interested in your web or mobile video chat app.
- iOS app:- To create an iOS-based video conferencing app, the best bet would be to use Swift. Since it is much simpler than Objective-C, Swift is more widespread. Also, keep in mind the fact that it is easier and faster to build conferencing apps using third-party services since they simplify the process drastically.
- Android app:– The principle of such an app for Android is almost the same, but third-part tools may differ. The main tool our web and Android developers use to provide users with video communication is WebRTC which stands for Web Real-Time Communication. This is an open-source technology that makes it possible to arrange real-time communication using simple APIs.
This brings us to the point, how much will it cost if you wanted to build your version of a video conferencing app and software like Zoom?
There are numerous things to consider before a fixed cost is decided. And the costs will depend on skills, who you outsource to and the level of support you need.
Why Choose Hidden Brains for Video Conferencing App Development?
- Team of 400+ Experienced Developers: Hidden Brains team comprises specialists and innovators who are experienced in all aspects of web and mobile app development.
- Web & Mobile Expertise: Founded in 2003, our team is at the forefront of innovation with the latest in web and mobile app development technologies.
- Diverse Domains Served: Our deep industry knowledge and futuristic solutions help us accelerate operations across diverse industries.
- Commitment to Excellence: Hidden Brains team is committed to excellence in technology and business innovation.
Zoom has already set an example in the market for how video conferencing apps should be. The upwards exhaustively depends on the type of functionalities you want to add in the application and the server maintenance.
Are video chat apps secure?
The problem with many video conference app development is that they aren’t secure. This is because once you join a chat, your information becomes visible to anyone in that group—and there are no real security protocols in place. Instead, it can be difficult to determine whether or not a person has joined an existing chat or if they’re actually part of an invite-only group. That isn’t always ideal for organizations and companies who want to protect sensitive information about clients and employees—which is why it makes sense to look into video conferencing app development services from major providers such as Hidden Brains. Our team will help you design a customized platform so you can deliver secure video conferencing without sacrificing quality, accessibility, or usability.
Who can use video conferencing application development services?
The number one question we hear about video conferencing is, What makes it so great? In order to answer that question, it’s important to note who can use video conferencing solutions. The technology is ideal for companies with multiple locations—those that may have a brick-and-mortar branch but also interact regularly with clients and customers via phone or email. It can also be useful for enterprises that need to access remote employees or manage training sessions remotely. And in today’s competitive business climate, more and more people are considering a move toward global operations—making video conferencing services even more appealing.
Is it possible to customize the Audio/Video conferencing application?
Yes, it is possible to customize an audio/video-conferencing application. It all depends on what type of app you are looking for and what needs you have. These days, software companies can create unique applications which allow users to use your app as they please. Every company has a different set of goals they want to achieve when developing their own app, which is why it’s important to talk with them before hiring them for your project. To learn more about Audio/Video conferencing services or video conferencing service development solutions contact Hidden Brains. You can get in touch through email, or telephone or schedule a meeting.
Who will do the installation of the Audio/Video conferencing application?
It’s important to choose a development partner that understands your needs, industry, and goals. Quality is critical in video conferencing app development services; each company must be sure that whatever product they deliver meets all your specifications and standards. Look for an established developer with solid references and experience in both audio/video conferencing app installation/implementation and high-quality customer service. Also, make sure you can deal directly with developers from beginning to end without having to work through third-party intermediaries who could get in your way later on when it comes time to fix bugs or add new features.
Will audio/video conferencing applications work in mobile and web?
With so many companies today requiring that their employees are accessible for meetings, audio/video conferencing is quickly becoming a top-priority business tool. But given today’s technology trends, you may be wondering: will audio/video conferencing applications work in mobile and web? With so many improvements to networks being made, it should come as no surprise that Hidden Brains video conferencing solutions can function on smartphones, tablets, and computers.
As more businesses rely on remote workers and telecommuting becomes increasingly popular—many organizations have already realized how important it is to provide real-time support wherever employees are working. Hidden Brains video conferencing solutions, allowing businesses to stay connected with employees, anywhere, anytime.
Does Hidden Brains provide any technical support after the launch of the video conferencing app?
There is technical support for deploying and maintaining applications. Our team will support you in real-time as needed. We work hard to provide maximum value to all our clients. You will be surprised how much attention you get even after your app has been launched! Because of our one-on-one relationship with every client, we can customize our video conferencing solutions according to your specific needs.
How much does it cost to build a video conferencing app?
Not all video chat apps work in similar ways. Some use your phone’s microphone and camera; others do not. Some offer group conferencing while others are designed for more personal interaction. If you’re looking for video chat app solutions, whether for business or personal use, get in touch with our team.
What should I think through before building a video conferencing app?
Here are some questions to ask yourself before you hire a video conferencing app development company:
What type of app do I want?
- You’ll need to decide whether you want a web-based, mobile or desktop app.
Can my employees use it?
- If your workers are going to be logging in from home, you’ll want to make sure your app will work on a variety of operating systems and devices.
Do I have budget for a video conferencing app?
- While there are many free options out there for chat applications, you will likely want something that’s more robust. Ask yourself how many employees you expect to use it and if they need access across platforms.
What are the basic features of a video chat app?
There are a number of basic features that every video chat app should have, including an ability to view and join existing chats, check who’s in a chat room without joining it, enable users to add more people to an existing chat room and share files. There are additional features you can look for as well. For example, does your chosen app let you watch group video calls on a large screen? Does it allow you to record what’s happening during a call or save a recording for later viewing? Can you customize your profiles and backgrounds? How about applying fun filters to videos or having games built in so users can interact with each other as they hang out?
Table of Contents