Originally released in 2002, ASP.NET is an open-source server-side web application framework designed for web development to produce dynamic web pages. Developed and launched by Microsoft, ASP.NET helps developers to build expert websites, web applications and web services. ASP.NET extends the .NET developer platform with tools and libraries specifically for building web apps. .NET is a developer platform made up of tools, programming languages, and libraries for building many different types of applications. This blog provides benefits of ASP.NET and tips to hire ASP.NET developers.
Advantages of ASP.NET
Fast and Scalable
ASP.NET provides high performance and speed compared to any popular web framework in the independent TechEmpower benchmarks.
Build Secure Apps
Providing industry standard authentication protocols, ASP.NET built-in features help provide robust support to protect apps against cross-site scripting (XSS) and cross-site request forgery (CSRF). ASP.NET provides support for multi-factor authentication and external authentication with Google, Twitter, and more.
Active Community and Open Source
Get quick answers to questions with an active community of developers on StackOverflow, ASP.NET forums, and more. ASP.NET is open source on GitHub, with over 60,000 developers and 3,700 companies already contributing.
Code will run natively on any compatible OS be it C#, F#, or Visual Basic. Several different .NET implementations handle the heavy lifting. .NET framework provides robust support to websites, services, desktop apps, and more on Windows.
To improve and enhance functionality, Microsoft and others maintain a healthy package ecosystem built on .NET Standard.
Build web applications and services for different platforms such as Windows, Linux, macOS, and Docker.
Single codebase to build native mobile apps for iOS, Android, and Windows.
Create beautiful and persuasive desktop apps for Windows and macOS.
Independently deployable microservices that run on Docker containers.
Develop highly immersive and popular 2D and 3D games for the most popular desktops, phones, and consoles.
Add different vision algorithms, speech processing, predictive models, and more to your apps.
Consume existing cloud services or create and deploy own app.
Internet of Things
Make IoT apps, with native support for the Raspberry Pi and other single-board computers.
Here are Tips to Hire ASP.NET Developers
Technical screening of professional .NET developer skills during a phone/video interview.
It is important to screen ASP.NET developer and decipher conclusions about developer skillset. In order to hire expert ASP.Net developers, understand the candidate’s background and technical expertise by asking specific questions about the skills that you want to verify. Ask questions relating to ASP.NET MVC (Model View Controller) and understand the skillset of developers to make robust and secure web applications. The questions need to vary based on the position you are recruiting for and the specific skills you want to verify.
Online Coding Test
Online coding test can be a great way to understanding the overall background of ASP.NET developer. In fact, performance in online coding test can help evaluate candidate in better way compared to mere resume screening or interview. Depending on your company’s approach, coding tests be used as the primary method of screening .NET developer skills or an additional one, next to resume analysis and a phone interview. Keep analyzing to identify programming tests to streamline your technical screening process and what should be included in order to provide accurate information.
Several companies are turning to coding tests as the primary method for screening as they give IT recruiters a couple of crucial benefits:
- Online tests should verify not only .NET developer skills, but also knowledge in frameworks and libraries.
- .NET coding tests should contain programming tasks which match according to the responsibilities the candidates will have if they get the job.
- Considering preparing .NET programming tasks based on the company’s code. This is one of the most prominent ways to imitate the challenges the candidate will have once they get the job.
- Programming task to review coding challenges.
- .NET developer skills gives information about the experience of the candidate, approach to code quality, and how efficiently they perform debugging and find traps.
- Coding test show willingness to participate in recruitment process with a positive impact on candidate’s engagement.
Gauge the Experience Level
- Experience in handling large projects with voluminous data. This suggests that the candidate will probably know how to handle issues which can emerge in any IT project.
- Developer participation in conferences and programming meetups with a sign that candidate follows new trends and industry best practices and could be a passionate and skillful developer.
- Whether developer is part of Open-source projects or participates in meetups. Candidate has knowledge of .NET technology and would probably work as a part of any project.
It is important to gauge the experience level of ASP.Net developers. Tests should be able to evaluate developer’s ability a real-life coding challenge and not just contain algorithmic tasks. Your technical interviewers have a limited amount of time they can spend on interviewing so you should make sure that they only interview a few candidates with the right skills.