Ever since the launch, Kotlin has been a hit in Android app development which was dominated by Java. Kotlin has quickly progressed to the most-loved languages two consecutive years on Stack Overflow, and one of the fastest-growing on GitHub in number of contributors. Kotlin is a “modern statically typed programming language that will boost your productivity and increase your developer happiness.”
With the launch of Jetpack APIs and its exciting new features, Android development will become increasingly Kotlin-first. Several new features of Jetpack APIs and features will be offered first in Kotlin.
If you're starting a new Android app development project, you should write it in Kotlin. Code written in Kotlin is clean and neat. Android Jetpack comprises a collection of Android software components to make it easier to create Android apps.
The critical advantages of using Kotlin for Android Application Development Services include writing less code. In partnership with Jetbrains and the Kotlin Foundation, Google is continuing to heavily invest in tooling, docs, trainings and events to make Kotlin development and learning even easier to learn and use.
Features of Kotlin for Android App Development Services
Modern and expressive
- Kotlin's modern language features allow to focus on expressing your ideas and write less boilerplate code. Less code written also means less code to test and maintain.
- Experience new app quality with Kotlin. @Nullable and @NonNull types are baked into Kotlin's type system to avoid NullPointerExceptions.
- Kotlin has other language features to help you avoid common programming mistakes.
- Call Java-based code from Kotlin, or call Kotlin from Java-based code.
- 100% interoperability with the Java programming language to control the extent of Kotlin in your project.
Google announced the elevated status of Kotlin at its Google I/O 2019 conference. This infographic provides details of Kotlin-first approach.
Copy the code to include this detailed infographic of "Infographic: Kotlin-First: The Way Ahead in Android App Development" on your blog or page:
<img class="size-full wp-image-5984 aligncenter" src="https://www.hiddenbrains.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/infographic-kotlin-first-android-development.jpg" alt="Infographic: Kotlin First Android Development" width="908" height="4338" />