It goes without saying that digital transformation starts with mobility. Organizations with complex business processes and easily accessible IT assets and resources will create a niche, outperform competition and thrive in the digital economy. The key to successful digital transformation lies in creating, deploying, managing, and securing all aspects of enterprise mobility.
In addition, this enterprise mobility services provides IT professionals with key frameworks and decision-making tools to assist with mobile strategy development. Due to the sheer size of enterprise organizations, changes are difficult to implement due to the scale at which transformation happen.
Enterprise Mobility refers to the initiatives organizations are taking to improve operations, service delivery and customer relations via mobile-centric solutions, as well as mobile products being released for customers. This definition involves operational/employee-focused enterprise mobile apps; customer-facing mobile apps; DevOps; and other digital transformation initiatives focusing on trends, challenges, solutions and recommendations, and more.
- The market size for the enterprise mobility and BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) will hit a figure of $73.30 billion by 2021.
- According to a Gartner report, on an average, an enterprise launches eight apps, of which 6.2 are planned for next year and the rest are in the development phase.
- As reported by insight.com, 75% of businesses have implemented a BYOD policy, and in the coming years, many more will implement one to offer the best services to their clients.
Significant Enterprise Mobility Challenges
Enterprise mobility is presenting organizations with a number of significant challenges that are commonly faced across different industries.
Enterprise mobility services, especially for associations in the beginning periods of growth and development, require solid ability to execute the development initiative. Many organizations are grappling with scarcity of talent needed to get transformational initiatives up and rolling. A study by Gartner takes note of that there is a critical gap between associations’ portability objectives and their capacity to accomplish objectives, especially given the varying interest of different groups.
Legacy systems and frameworks keep on being a noteworthy test to associations over the undertaking space. Over and above the updates that need to made for enterprise mobility services numerous legacy systems are being phased out which will give way for the modernization of utilizations.
It’s not simply the legacy frameworks that demonstrate testing, yet in addition the conventional work forms that accompany them. Large enterprise grapple with keeping up and dealing with legacy frameworks are regularly acclimated with working inside storehouses, making coordination crosswise over groups extremely difficult. This is characteristic of a bigger scale inclination for “hierarchical inactivity” and “heritage considering” in big business associations which makes change testing.
Large enterprises, particularly when maintaining and working on legacy systems, are typically accustomed to working within silos, making coordination across teams very challenging.
Security continues to be one of the biggest challenges for big business application advancement. Obviously, mobile-related security needs expertise just like mobile app development presents a number of unique challenges. Enterprise mobility security solutions allows organizations to create an enterprise apps live, set compliance requirements, remotely wipe data, and otherwise secure the endpoint.
Task Complexity and Support Infrastructure
Enterprise mobility solutions can create a significant impact will require effective touchpoints for cross functional collaboration between teams. The scale and complexity of such initiatives, as well as the technical infrastructure needed to empower such initiatives, requires extensive coordination and in many cases, significant changes at organizational level.
It is important to address effectively address an organization’s mobility requirements spanning across multiple functional departments and points of influence. In addition, making the business case around the advantages of mobile assets can be challenging, especially when measurable outcomes such as the quality of an end user experience or the impact on customer experience and service.
Essential Elements of Enterprise Mobility
- Effective use of tools, processes and strategies to manage the convergence of end-user computing technologies, as well as emerging enterprise wearables technologies
- Enhance worker productivity, modernize business processes and workflows, and increase customer satisfaction and revenue
- Shift to mobile-first application development changing enterprise mobile infrastructure software needs and decisions
- Industry-leading best practices to develop, manage as well as create secure access to corporate information
- Utilization of 5G on enterprise mobility from the perspective of devices and apps to software platforms, security infrastructure, and overall mobile worker productivity
- Enterprises respond to the risks and security threats regarding mobile operating systems, apps, and services
- Use of emerging trends such as cloud, social, big data, and an array of endpoints from which users access data
- Leverage mobility for business transformation and what role does mobility play in the genesis of the next-generation workplace
Enterprise mobility is now a key area of focus for many organizations. Companies are increasing investment in enterprise app development, agile transformation, DevOps, and more. However, with the wide spectrum of mobility initiatives and the competencies required for success for many new enterprises, depends on how to handle big challenges being faced – regardless of industry.